House of Knives is celebrating our 40th Anniversary with educational Live Events, where you'll learn better knife skills, how to BBQ, how to sharpen, and see a Swiss Army Knife made!
Click the links to register to your favourite events. There's only 20 spots available per event! And all attendees will receive a House of Knives goody bag.
Learn to whetstone sharpen from a master. Mino Tsuchida of Global Knives is coming to House of Knives to show you how to master the art of whetstone sharpening, and teach you all about Japanese kitchen knives.
Grill Like a Master
Are you ready for some deliciousness? World champion BBQ Brian wants to teach you how to barbeque like a pro. Learn which cuts of meat are best, when to use a rub or marinade, and get grilling, smoking, and seasoning tips.
Why Japanese Knives?
Why are Japanese knives so sought after, and how are they made? Shun themselves are coming to teach you all about Japanese kitchen knives, how to take care of them, and what the different styles are used for.
VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY
See It Made: Swiss Army Knives
The legendary Swiss Army Knives. Ever wonder how they’re made? At this event, you’ll not only see how these iconic pocket knives are made, but you can win a chance to hand engrave a Swiss Army Knife yourself!
- Oct 26 - 4:00 PM - Willowbrook Mall [Register]
- Oct 26 - 12:15 PM - Coquitlam Centre [Register]
- Oct 27 - 12:15 PM - Metrotown [Register]
- Oct 27 - 2:45 PM - Park Royal Mall [Register]
- Oct 28 - 4:00 PM - Mayfair Mall [Register]
- Oct 28 - 12:15 PM - Woodgrove Mall [Register]
- Nov 2 - 4:00 PM - Aberdeen Mall [Register]
- Nov 3 - 4:00 PM - Orchard Park Mall [Register]
- Nov 4 - 4:00 PM - Pine Centre Mall [Register]
What's on Your Keychain?
Join us and Nite Ize for an intriguing event where we show you just about every cool gadget under the sun. You won’t believe how useful some of these things are. Join us for some fun and freebies for all who attend!
HOUSE OF KNIVES
Knife Skills 101
Do you want to learn to use your knives better? If you want to learn the basics of kitchen knife use and care, come join us for a live event. You’ll learn how to keep your knife sharp, how to chop, dice, and julienne, and much more.
- Oct 26 - 10:00 AM - Willowbrook Mall [Register]
- Oct 26 - 1:30 PM - Coquitlam Centre [Register]
- Oct 27 - 4:00 PM - Metrotown [Register]
- Oct 27 - 12:15 PM - Park Royal Mall [Register]
- Oct 28 - 1:30 PM - Mayfair Mall [Register]
- Oct 28 - 4:00 PM - Woodgrove Mall [Register]
- Oct 28 - 4:00 PM - Granville Street [Register]
- Nov 2 - 12:15 PM - Aberdeen Mall [Register]
- Nov 3 - 12:15 PM - Orchard Park Mall [Register]
- Nov 4 - 12:15 PM - Pine Centre Mall [Register]
The Right Tool for the Job
Are you getting the most out of your kitchen knives? At this event, you’ll learn basic kitchen skills from professional chefs. Learn how to select the best cuts of meat, how to properly slice them, and how to cook them to perfection. Sponsored by Shun.
HOUSE OF KNIVES
How to Sharpen: The Basics
Sharpening a knife can be daunting, so let us teach you the basics! From a beginner’s perspective, we’ll teach you how to use a honing steel, how to sharpen knives and scissors, and what the best sharpener for your knives is!
Basic Knife Skills
WÜSTHOF has been making German kitchen knives for over 200 years. Now’s your chance to learn directly from them! We’ll go over proper knife skills, how to maintain your tools, and what it’s like to make knives in The City of Blades.
Learn to Sharpen Almost Anything
Have you ever been frustrated with a dull tool, but didn’t know how to sharpen it? At this live event, Work Sharp will show you how to sharpen everything from kitchen knives to lawnmower blades! No previous skill needed!