Miyabi Black 5000 MCD 67 5" Shotoh (34400-131)
Sharpest Price Guarantee
If you find a lower price advertised by another retailer, we'll match it. Click here for details
Become a BandEdge Member
Become a BandEdge Member to Earn $10 Back. Click here to Create Account
Receive Free Shipping on orders over $99 in Canada. Now shipping to the USA and Worldwide! Click here for details
The Miyabi Black 5000MCD is a true work of art. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC. This results in an exceptionally sharp and lasting edge. The blade is wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a beautiful flower damascus pattern.
The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from the prized Bigleaf maple and dyed a black ash color. The grain and color of the black ash contrasts beautifully with the Damascus pattern of the blade. The handle is crafted in a traditional "D" shape, with a rounded spine and heel, providing optimal ergonomics for fatigue-free cutting. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral damascus pattern
- MC66 Micro Carbide steel is CRYODUR ice-hardened to 66 HRC
- D-shaped handle made of black maple, elegantly enhanced with a mosaic pin and steel end-cap
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand honed edge creates an ultra-sharp cutting edge of 9.5- 12 angle (19-24 total)
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan