Shiro Kamo SG2 Santoku 180mm (G-4306A)
Sharpest Price Guarantee
If you find a lower price advertised by another retailer, we'll match it. Click here for details
Become a BandEdge Member
Become a BandEdge Member to Earn $10 Back. Click here to Create Account
Receive Free Shipping on orders over $99 in Canada. Now shipping to the USA and Worldwide! Click here for details
The Shiro Kamo SG2 Santoku 180mm is a medium-sized knife that is considered an Asian chef's knife due to its incredible versatility. Well suited for rocking cuts, the santoku is designed to cut meat, vegetables, and fish with ease. This knife delivers excellent blade control and precision.
Handcrafted and forged by Japanese blacksmith, Shiro Kamo, this knife is hot forged by hand in SG-2 powder steel, heat treated to 62-63 HRC. The blades are tapered and have a beautiful nickel damascus clad design for a total of 31 layers on the blade and the octogonal walnut handles have a pakkawood ferrule. Kamo knives feature consistently even and thin grinds, clean blade finishes and fantastic attention to detail, not to mention the cutting performance to match.
Caring for your handmade knife:
- Always hand wash and thoroughly hand-dry your knife
- Wipe your knife down while you’re cooking, especially after cutting acidic foods
- Lightly coat your knife with mineral oil before storing
- Never store your knife wet, or allow it to soak in water
- Never place knife in a dishwasher
- Do not cut bones, frozen products, or pits
- Do not twist, chop, hit, or pry with your knife. Always use in a locomotive slicing motion
- Do not use a marble or glass cutting board. Always use a soft cutting board, such as wood
Due to the nature of handcrafting and traditional blacksmithing, each knife is unique and may have some cosmetic distortion or irregularities. This is expected and normal. Because these knives are handcrafted, they do not qualify for warranty services.